Do you know that the miracle-working power of Jesus flows through us when we pray in Jesus’ Name?
Let’s unpack John 14:11-14 (NASB) line by line.
- Believe that Jesus is God himself!
“Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me.”
- Jesus proved that he was God by the miracles he did on earth!
“Otherwise believe because of the works themselves.”
- As we believe in Jesus, we position ourselves to receive his miracle-working power!
“Truly, truly I say to you, the one who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also.”
- The miracle-working power of God flows through us because we are his representatives on earth!
“And greater works than these he will do; because I am going to the Father.”
- We pray in the Name of Jesus because he is the one that does the miracles!
“And whatever you ask in My name, this I will do.”
- Miracles happen so that Jesus may be glorified!
“So that the Father may be glorified in the Son.”
- Jesus repeats his promise, so it must be important!
“If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.”
Dear friend, believe in Jesus as God himself, and witness his miracle-working power flow through you today, to the glory of God in Christ Jesus!
Dear Father in Heaven,
Thank you for sending your son Jesus to earth to be our Saviour and Lord. We believe that he is God and we believe everything we read in the Bible about his miracles on earth!
Father, we are humbled because you choose us, your children, to be representatives of Jesus on earth. We have no goodness or power in our flesh, but the life of Jesus flows through us and we are now channels of your miracle-working power!
So we pray in the Name of Jesus, that there shall be provision, that there will be health, that there will be peace! We rebuke the devourer and the command the forces of darkness to stop their advance.
We ask in the Name of Jesus that we, your children on earth, bring glory to you on earth, until the day we see you face to face.
In Jesus’ Name we pray,