How can you be confident that you are now seated in heaven with Jesus? Don’t you wish you can take a picture of heaven like the man in this picture is trying to do?
Our bodies are certainly not in heaven and we cannot see Jesus with our eyes.
How can we be sure of things we cannot see?
“This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit.”
[1 John 4:13 NIV]
God gives us his Holy Spirit so that we know that we are united with Jesus!
“Don’t you know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you?”
[1 Corinthians 3:16 NCV]
Your body is a temporary building that’s useful for life on earth. When you become a Christian, God places his Holy Spirit permanently in your building!
“He put his mark on us to show that we are his. And he put his Spirit in our hearts to be a guarantee for all he has promised.” [2 Corinthians 1:22 ICB]
Wow! God’s Holy Spirit, living in our bodies, helps us to be confident of things that we cannot see.
Dear friend, by the Holy Spirit in you, you can be sure of the truths we learnt this week:
- God’s righteousness is a gift that you cannot work for – you must receive it.
- You become righteous when you believe all that the Bible says about Jesus.
- You must continue to receive the endless waves of God’s grace.
- You are now seated with Jesus in heaven.
- Your will reign in life as you receive God’s grace and the gift of righteousness.
There is so much power for you in these. Remember to re-read what you’ve learnt this week!