Do you want God himself to lift you up to place of prosperity, dignity, honour and happiness? If you do, read on!
The Bible teaches in 1 Peter 5:5b-7 NASB,
Clothe yourselves with humility toward one another,
because God is opposed to the proud, but He gives grace to the humble.
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God,
so that He may exalt you at the proper time,
having cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares about you.
What can we learn today?
- Humility is something WE put on ourselves. Like clothing, we must put on fresh humility every day. And we mustn’t wait for someone else to humiliate us.
- God GIVES undeserved blessings to those who are humble. That means we don’t need to work for his favour, because God’s grace flows to the humble person.
- To humble ourselves means we allow God to COVER us instead of trying to protect ourselves. God’s mighty hand is not an angry fist of punishment, but a covering hand of protection.
- At the RIGHT time, God will lift us up to a place of prosperity, dignity, honour and happiness. We don’t need to elevate ourselves because God will exalt us when the time is right.
- And here’s why we can confidently throw every anxious worry onto the Lord: Because he CARES for us!
So we see that humility comes before honour, and a humble person takes shelter under God’s protection.
Dear friend, let us clothe ourselves with humility today and be protected under God’s mighty hand. Let’s cast every care upon him knowing that he cares for us, confident that in due season he will lift us up from our humble place!
Thank you for covering us with your mighty hand! Lord, we humbly take shelter because we need your protection all the time!
Without you, we are anxious and weak, and our prideful ways are useless. But under your mighty hand, we are confident and restful as we wait for you to lift us up at the right time!
Thank you Lord, for teaching us to be humble, and for being so patient with us.
In Jesus’ Name we pray,